Monday, October 29, 2007

Do People Post Signs Like This in Your Neighborhood?



I found this sign two blocks from my house next to a graveyard. It is one of hundreds of mortgage related signs posted and removed during the past year. At least this sign is for a particular house, most of the signs say something like, "Avoid Foreclosure, call xxx-xxx-xxxx". I understand that people want to sell these houses or market financial products, but I don't understand why they think that can litter our neighborhood with this stuff. If you are responsible for this visual pollution, please spend a few bucks and advertise on the internet (this blog, for example) radio, tv, print or on the bathroom stall of your favorite local sports bar.

I know of one runner who, during August, made it his mission to take down as many of these sign as he could. That runner submitted himself into the University of MN Mental Hospital last week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a room number for the runner in the hospital? I'd like to send him flowers!

Anonymous said...

Dan: I happen to know - for a fact - that you are the runner responsible for removing those signs. Don't try to act innocent now. I have pictures of you in the act. And, if you think I'm lying, I'll call the coppers. Yea, that's what I'll do.

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah

Ed Kohler said...

One thing interesting about this sign is that you'll find no businesses if you Google the phone number. Pretty sketchy. That's pretty common with the numbers posted on signs like this.