Sunday, October 7, 2007

Yes, It was too hot to run a marathon


I started slower than my goal pace and slowed down even more by mile 6. The humidity and dew point was terrible. On top of the cups of water and Powerade, I drank two whole twenty oz. bottles of water while running. I walked twice late in the race for a short period of time. I was very excited when I reached mile 25 to realize I would be able to finish under three hours. My time was 2:56:26.

I'm not too upset with my result as I trained well and did everything I could do. It was just too hot. I'm looking forward to the Sioux City race in two weeks. I expect the weather will be cooler.

Chicago had their marathon today as well. The following is the headline from Drudge.

Heat Cuts Marathon Short; 1 Dead And 250 Ill

We will have to wait and see how many runners were taken ill as part of the TC Marathon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan: You definitely have THE BEST blog of the entire Deuhs family. You should market your blog more than you do. Do you have a 'hit' count? If so, can you post it? And, can you add some "Bushisms" to your blog? There is nothing funnier than a good Bush quote.

Thanks for your support.

Colin Anderson

Dan Deuhs said...

Colin:

I should market my blog more. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I'll look into adding a "hit" count. I'm not sure it is a feature I can add or not.

I'll have to work on my "Bushisms" as I'm not from Texas.

Thanks for your ongoing support.

Dan