Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our flag is flying this 4th of July weekend.


I spend most of the day priming and painting the exterier of the house outside the kitchen. There was peeling paint everywhere. The finish coat is the darker white paint around the light on the right. More painting in scheduled for tomorrow, weather permitting.

I talked to my mother today. Not the one that posted a reply to my blog. She and my father hadn't decided if they were going to run the annual Green Lake - Spicer, MN road race tomorrow. It is about 12 miles and is notorious for being hot and humid. I ran last year and it was the first time I had ever felt like I was going to pass out. Which is weird because I didn't even run that hard. Around four miles, I felt that I wasn't having a good day. The leaders had pulled away from me by then so I shut it down and just ran it in. I have had training runs much faster than I ran the second half of that race, but I still felt terrible. Oh well...I won't be making the trip over for that this year. Good luck mom and dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new photos of the house. Looks like you've gotten alot done over the holiday weekend. It's best that you continue painting rather than going to see the "UltraMarathon Man" movie this weekend.

Love & Kisses,

Mom