Sunday, October 5, 2008

TCM 2008 - 2:45 and all the water you can drink!

Hello from post race party headquarters.

It rained before the race and started again after a few miles. At around 10 miles the downpour began and continued through mile 14. It was a cold rain. My socks became totally saturated with water and became useless. I contemplated stopping to take them off, but I didn't think I had the dexterity in my fingers to retie my shoes. The weather improved for the last 6.2 miles.

Lucy and Patty cheered me on from mile 9 and 25. Lucy was shivering from cold so I gave her my finishing blanket. The blanket helped.


I finished in 2:45 which is better than I though I could do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for Patty and Lucy. Why would you subject them to that kind of cruel and unusual punishment? They should be warm and dry indoors; drinking coffee and reading the paper on a cold Sunday morning. Shame on you.

Mom