Saturday, February 28, 2009

What is going on Here?

I saw this on the hound walk this morning.







It looks like a tree limb was cut away from the powerline. A not so small piece remains.
On other news, Lucy got nipped by a Dotson earlier this week. No damage was done. The neighbor is nice, but his dogs have always growled at Lucy. She meet them again this morning. He is a brief clip. (Edit: I have since been told the correct name of the breed is Dachshund.)

video

Finally, I skimmed Warren Buffett's annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders. The letter is available here. The letter was released to the public this morning. Here is the first media article about it. I highly suggest that you read the full letter yourself.

My biggest take aways are that...

"Clinging to cash equivalents or long-term government bonds at present yields is almost certainly a terrible policy if continued for long."

"Improved “transparency” – a favorite remedy of politicians, commentators and financial regulators foraverting future train wrecks – won’t cure the problems that derivatives pose."

I am confident in Warren Buffett...not so confident with our current government.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Datsun is a car. I hope Lucy is ok after being hit by the car.