Thursday, July 2, 2009

How to Opt out of Dex Phone Books

I use the internet to find businesses and people. I find it frustrating to recycle brand new phone books delivered to me without my consent. Any delivered to me go straight in my recycling bin. I realize that multiple companies deliver these useless books, but at least one can opt out of one of the worst, Dex. Here is step by step instruction as to how:
  1. Go to http://selectyourdex.dexknows.com/SelectYourDex/searchByZipCodeAction.do. Enter you zip code.

  2. Select "Proceed to Select Your Dex".
  3. Enter your name and address information. Select zero next to each directory you wish not to receive. Hit Submit and you are done.

Please share with your family and friends. Maybe if enough people opt out Dex will change their way of business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do the same with the yellow pages at yellowpagesoptout.com