Monday, July 27, 2009

Texas Vacation

We spent four days around Dallas/Fort Worth Texas. It was a spur of the moment trip. We flew Delta/NWA on Thursday morning. The flight went well. I had developed a bad cold earlier in the week, but I was determined to make a go of it.

Here is the car we rented from Enterprise. It was cheap. What I like about Enterprise is that they don't do the hard sell on options like Budget does. This car was $112 for four days, which included all the taxes.



Our friend TL took us in for the weekend. We hope that TL is able to come up to Minnesota in August. I think we would have a blast going fishing (my renewed hobby), to Canterbury Park, or to the Renaissance festival with the hound dog. Here TL gets ready to check out Drum Corps.



It was super hot on Thursday (105) but better on Friday for the second Drum Corps show. Here the Boston Crusaders getting ready to perform.

I didn't take many pictures over the weekend. I was just too busy sneezing and blowing my nose.

Our flight out was Sunday morning traveling on American Airlines. We were aboard the plane when due to a maintenance issue the flight was cancelled. We ened up flying out around 10 pm instead. We arrived home very tired. It was fun regardless.

No comments: