Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marathon Law Broken

If you know me then you know that I will break established marathon running and training advise.

Here is a picture of me finishing the Sioux City race. Notice the pretty red shoes I was wearing. I purchased those the Wednesday before the Saturday race. After the Twin Cities Marathon I realized that my racing shoes were shot. I went to the running shoe store to purchase a new pair of Thorlos running socks.




I find the medium cushion socks keep my feet dry, protected and comfortable. I highly recommend them. They are the World Best Footwear. Also, they are made in the USA!

After finding my socks, I noticed the new lightweight running shoes and figured I could get them and decide later whether or not I would wear them for the race. The established marathon advice is to not wear anything footwear that you haven't used during a long run. This is to avoid getting blisters. Well, the shoes felt great on a couple of short runs so I decided to wear them. I was glad that I did. The Sioux City marathon is run on a lot of concrete running/walking paths. The extra cushion felt great, especially during the last 10k.

1 comment:

Ed Kohler said...

Ha, so you broke the law and you won! Not everyone is so lucky.